A revamp of an the first one

So, as promised, everyday No Teeth will have a new post.  This writing prompt is a revamp of the first writing prompt posted on No Teeth.  It goes a little something like this:

I had a dream.  I was watching television when my Dad told me to please stop taking so long on my breaks at work.  Then, my Dad changed into my boss, and he was sitting in a giant cartoon truck.  After a few unclear transitions, I was in Disneyland with Val Kilmer and the cast of Looney Tunes.  I dreamed these characters in the style of Cool World or Who Frame Roger Rabbit?

There are many ways I can go with this dream when writing a poem.  Here are some ideas:
1)   1) I could try to define the transition from father, to boss, to Val Kilmer.
2)   2) I could write a narrative poem about the actual dream I had. Either from the point of view of the father or a Looney Tune character.
3)    3) I can always incorporate this dream into a poem I’ve had trouble working on the past few days.  This is more than likely the route I will go.
How about you?  How will your dreams work your way into your poems?  I also give you full permission to work my dream into on of your poems.



Comments

Popular Posts