Three Poems by Sayu Tera


Deeper See

I could be a great athlete and 
A great girlfriend.
Yet my soul is full of troubles.
Floods in the darkness 
Make the odorless footsteps sway.
A band of ruthless men
Chase them this way.

He answers my secret places.
A tiny glob of jizz splashes against the wheat.
Sometimes my pussy gets wet so I touch it.
He's careful not to scrape me with his teeth.
Sometimes I terrify him like an anthrax ring.
And once I heard a voice I should not have known.
All my springs are in you.

***
Christmas Poem

I've grown lazy with myself
I want to die
I've grown tired of myself
Mama fingers vine

A natural cone
Share no road

Course of
Scissors chainsaws ice skates knives

Ten-million gods and goddesses 
Collapse the
Christmas tree up my ass

I can't live like they live
I haven't a thought before

Chainsaws knives ice skates hot dogs

The Christmas trees I'll bleed
Comprise
Ten-million gods and goddesses

I've grown lazy without a self
I miss dying
I've grown bored with the self
Thankfully I'm crazy

***

Bread

In the strange of jackals
My heart overflows with a body theme.
Disgrace has covered my face
And the avenger is forever before.

Wash me in whiteness like a beast
That perishes.
Flesh of the bull, hunger of the goat
Eats up my people like bread.

Mighty rock under the shelter of wings.
How sensual are my deeds.
Wax melts against the wire.
My heart overflows with bloody flames.

Wash me in darkness like the mystery
That hungers.
Bread of the people-flesh covers my face.
By the time he goes inside me I'm already coming.

Sayu Tera is a former Zen Buddhist monk living in Kauai, Hawaii. 

Comments

Popular Posts